Monday, December 12, 2011

Simple Christmas

At home in Winter Haven, I pull out all the stops when it comes to decorating for Christmas.  I always have a traditional pine tree in the living room and 3 alpine trees for the family room. Not to mention the staircase trimming, table top apple trees in the dining room, one year I even had a tree decorated on the pool lanai.  But this year in NJ, I decided to keep it simple.  
One pine wreath for the inside....and

one boxwood wreath for the outside.  This will be the extent of my Christmas decor this year.  Two simple burlap ribbon bows and the decorating is done.  Amazingly, I am as pleased with this simple low key decor as I was with the strings of lights and fancy bows.  I bought my wreaths at a feed store down the road, and   then stopped at this little general store and treated myself to a cup of coffee and a slice of homemade sweet cake. I couldn't believe the cost $2.71 for both.  I'm glad they haven't caught on to Starbucks prices.


1 comment: