Monday, October 15, 2012

Peach Cobbler


Peach cobbler
Now I didn’t can all those peaches this summer for nothing. 
001
THIS is exactly what I had in mind, yummy, delicious, good ol’ peach cobbler.  Oh my lord, it is so good!  Can I get an amen?

Everybody probably has this simple recipe for peach cobbler.  But, in case you don’t, here’s how I make it.

1 quart peaches (or any fruit)
1 stick salted butter
1 cup self rising flour (SR very important)
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla (good quality)

Preheat oven to 350. Coat the inside of a 8x8 or round casserole dish with non-stick spray.  Melt one stick of butter in bottom of casserole.  In bowl mix together flour, sugar, milk, and vanilla.  Pour batter into casserole on top of melted butter then add fruit.  Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or til top is golden brown and looks like this.
003

1 comment: