Thursday, April 11, 2013

DUH Pensacola

In the last two weeks I have taken four Florida road trips.  Twice I have traveled to Pensacola…or I should say Pensacol-AHHH.  Amazingly nice, seemingly slow paced town on Florida’s Gulf Coast, with incredible white sand beaches.  Unfortunately, the two days I was in town weren’t beach days.  My visits were for family and the weather was cold and rainy, but lucky for me, we did have the opportunity to check out a local antique and design showroom.  DUH Pensacola left me speechless, which may be why they named it DUH.  I never asked the origin of the name, but I did ask the associate if I could photograph their shop. 
duh pensacola old welcome
If you are like me and love smart, classic, and a little trendy, you’re going to love this shop.  I was in inspiration heaven.  Lucky you Pensacolans to have this gem in your town.  The furniture and accessory selections available in the store appear to be found items.  Some of them are, but many are new pieces by the best names in the industry.  Check out their website for a complete list of the lines they carry.
duh pensacola professor chair old welcome
The neutral color palette in this room is brilliant. I sourced a pair of chairs like these leathers for a customer in NJ in a suede fabric, but aren’t they divine in leather.  I also love the turnings on the wooden side chair.  I have a few pieces of English oak antiques in my Tennessee home with similar turnings; it’s called barley twist.  I don’t know if this is a reproduction, but isn’t he handsome?
duh pensacola bakers rack old welcome
We walked through each room and everywhere you turned there was something that caught my eye. 
audubon type print duh pensacola old welcome
The muted colors in this vintage butterfly print are my favorite. 
duh pensacola all you need is love old welcome
All I need Is love and those metal corbels.  WOW! 
duh pensacola dining table old welcome
Man, oh man!!!  That pedestal table needs a lanai.
duh pensacola bird painting credenza side board old welcome
Vignette to the Max. 
duh pensacola chicken wire lamp old welcome
Here’s a close up of that lamp.  Who knew that chicken wire would ever be this elegant?  Lamp…sold,   print….sold, of course!
duh pensacola linen chairs old welcome
These chairs were also purchased for a client in NJ but in a white duck cloth.  We put it in her husband’s ZEN MAN CAVE.  There is not a single thing in this room that I wouldn’t love to have in my home.
duh pensacola patchwork wall hanging old welcome
Look at the textures in that wall hanging or rug.
bed linens duh pensacola old welcome
The bed linens were delicious and varied.  Mix it up!
duh pensacola french style bookshelf old welcome
I don’t even know what to say, except that I love it all!!!
duh pensacola old welcome horse vignette
duh…, just duh….
duh pensacola textiles rugs old welcome
A textile room?  Stop it!!!
textile rug pillow woven old welcome
I wish I could say the ladder was there because they were assisting me.  I’ll take that mustard striped rug on the right, please.  Yes ma’am, we’ll get that down for you.  OK love, I’ll be in the next room giving the assistant my pretend cash.  And grab those long striped pillows too while you’re up there. 
duh pensacol garden shop clay pots old welcomeThere was also a gardening area, and a fashion accessory room.  I know!!!duh pensacola leather goods old welcome
duh pensacola art work wall hangings old welcome
Wall hanging gallery…
duh pensacola wall hanging life is beaty ful old welcome
Want to know what I bought? 

907212_4466592950869_313677760_n
A sketchbook…$4.99.  Yup, didn’t go away empty handed.  What kind of décor is your favorite?  See anything in here that you would love to add to your home?

3 comments:

  1. Love the rugs and the iron pieces. . .cool store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMhmmm! I knew you had good taste Merita. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mon explication Dolabuy Louis Vuitton pourquoi ne pas essayer cela réplique gucci cliquez pour plus d'informations Dolabuy Balenciaga

    ReplyDelete